Mail: PO Box 681, Port Townsend, WA 98368
The objectives of the Port Townsend Bicycle Association are:
1) to promote bicycling through education, advocacy, recreation, and sporting events.
2) to associate and cooperate with other organizations to promote bicycling.
As our name implies, we are based out of Port Townsend, Washington, but we also ride in and have members from surrounding towns in East Jefferson County: Chimacum-Port Hadlock-Irondale (the Tri-Area), Quilcene, and Port Ludlow. Our group rides may touch on surrounding Clallam (Sequim, Port Angeles), Kitsap (Port Gamble, Poulsbo, Kingston, Bainbridge Island), and Whidbey Island (Coupeville, Oak Harbor) counties.
Club rides, meeting new riding friends, and enjoying this fabulous place for cycling! We ride, but we also realize that without a voice in the political issues that affect cyclists, we’ll have nowhere to ride. Here’s a few advocacy highlights:
- Ferry issues highlighting safety and accessibility for cyclists
- 8 foot shoulders on the rebuild Hood Canal Bridge – and new wider, rubberized shoulder on the metal bridge decks as of 2013
- Bicycle lanes on SR 20/Sims Way in Port Townsend
- Bicycle Symbol on traffic signal loop detectors on local Port Townsend streets
- Jefferson Transit Ad Campaign: Share the Road, Same Roads, Same Rights, Same Rules
- Bicycle safety and free helmet programs
- Efforts to prevent or reduce the use of rumble strips on touring routes
- A voice in regional transportation planning
Be involved – Please join our Ride List and help make PT and the Olympic Peninsula cycling safe, fun and accessible!
PTBA Committee/Organization representation through the years:
Jeff. Cty Non-Motorized Transportation Plan Steering Committee
Jefferson Transit Citizens Advisory Committee
Port Townsend Non-Motorized Transportation Board
Port Townsend Transportation Advisory Board
SR 104 NEPA Process 25 Year Plan Steering Committee
WSDOT Bicycle Advisory Committee, Olympic Region
Bicycle Alliance of Washington
A Washington nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting bicycling through educational, recreational and sporting events in Port Townsend, Washington and working to make the Northwest a better place for bicycling.